Our Drivers for Change network is over 100 GDA members who dedicate extra time and energy to speaking out, collaborating for change and supporting others to do the same.
Drivers for Change undertake additional training and capacity building to develop their skills and confidence in:
- Peer support
- Peer facilitation
- Peer research
- Community leadership
- Human Rights and Equality
- Media skills
- Campaign organising
- Social media
- Creative Activism
- Sharing your story
Our Drivers for Change steer GDA’s collective voice – identifying priority issues for us to focus on, and contributing their time, voices and lived experience to influence policy and decision makers, while supporting our wider membership to know their rights and get involved, too.
Drivers for Change bring their diverse lived experience, expertise and passion for equality to fuel all our policy and partnership work.
Drivers for Change headline achievements so far:
- Manifesto 2021: Equality Now!
- ‘Budgeting For Equality’: Action research on Participatory Budgeting
- Social Security Scotland: Shaping a Fairer System
- Social Care Experience Forum: Reforming Adult Social Care
- I Belong to Glasgow: Manifesto for Action
For further information about Drivers for Change, contact SophieL[email protected]