GDA Hustings season kicks off with spectacular Manifesto launch!
As election fever grips the country, our 4th May Local Elections are more significant than ever. With years of cumulative cuts, austerity and rising hostility pushing disabled people deeper into poverty and crisis, disabled Glaswegians are rallying together to say 'Enough's enough!', and call for Glasgow City Council to stand up for disabled people's rights.
On Thursday 20th April GDA launch our 2017 Manifesto: Accessible Glasgow for All, at the first of our 3 hustings events (designed to enable disabled GDA members to have their say in their own areas, whether in the East, North-West or South of the city).
Our Launch on Thursday is followed by a peaceful (and musical!) rally on George Square at 4pm, calling on Council candidates to support our 5 Manifesto actions:
1. Put disabled people at the heart of tackling poverty
2. Involve disabled people in Glasgow’s City Deal decisions
3. Take action for independent living
4. Make our rights to Social Care & Self Directed Support a reality
5. Take action on disability hate crime, harassment and discrimination.