Location: Doubletree by Hilton, Cambridge Street, Glasgow
A this event the morning will be our Triennial General Meeting, which is our general members meeting. Full members of GDA can send us items to be discussed at this general meeting. Click here to read the formal notice of our triennial general meeting.
We will have lunch then in the afternoon there will be a variety of fun workshops as part of our annual Learning Festival!
Choice of 10 workshops – let us know your 1st, 2nd and 3rd Choices.
Try out some massage, aromatherapy and reflexology.
• Enjoy relaxing music and calming sounds.
Try out some gentle Tai Chi.
• A safe and gentle exercise.
• A perfect way to de-stress!
Learn how to use mindful drawing as a way to relax.
• Suitable for beginners or those with lots of drawing experience
- discover your talents!
Zines are mini magazines!
• Try out a completely different craft activity.
• Make your own on a subject of your choice to take home with you.
Come along for a wee blether!
• The group will pick the topics and the tutor will keep the chat going.
• Sit back, relax and have fun.
Have some fun listening to great music.
• Try out your best moves on the dancefloor.
• A great way to exercise and keep fit!
Knit & Natter!
Learn some knitting and/or crochet techniques.
• Make something to take home with you.
• Enjoy the chat while you knit!
Let’s Make Music!
Come along, pick up an instrument and make some noise!
• No experience necessary – just have fun.
Come along to an interesting talk and film show about old Glasgow.
• Discover the city’s hidden secrets.
Emergency First Aid
Learn what to do – and what not to do – in a medical emergency.
• Learn first aid basics. (Not certificated)
These events are open to disabled people and those with long term conditions aged 11+ (no upper age limit!)
Free transport, personal assistance and lunch provided.